- My arrangement of Pavane by Daniel Bacheler for five viols was published in the Viola da Gamba Society of America VdGSA News Vol. LIV, No.2, Summer 2017.
- Saraband Music has published two other pieces for viols: an arrangement of ‘Tower Hill’ by Giles Farnaby and ‘Variations on Barbara Allen’s Cruelty’, both pieces for four viols.
- These and other pieces for viols have received public performances by the Sydney group Consort 8.
- My vocal arrangements are in the repertoire of the Sydney Trade Union Choir, Choir Rocks and The Heathens Choir.
- My compositions and arrangements for Mandolin Orchestra have been played by the Sydney Mandolin Orchestra.
- My compositions for Concert Band have been played by the Sydney Symphonic Wind Orchestra.
- My composition 'Pavane' for Solo flugelhorn and brass band was played at a concert for the opening of the Sir John Monash Centre at Villers-Bretonneux, France.
- Compositions for the guitar include solo works, guitar duets, and works for guitar and other instruments and have received numerous public performances.
- Some of my guitar music and Concert Band music is available from Wirripang Music https://www.australiancomposers.com.au/pages/clive-lane
- Compositions for recorder include works for recorder quartet and quintet, for solo recorder and guitar, and for several recorders and guitar. Some of my music for recorders is available from Orpheus Music https://orpheusmusic.com.au/3-recorder-sheet-music/s-11/composer_name-lane_clive
Hi! I’m a Sydney based composer, specialising in music for guitar, recorder, viols, small ensembles, band music and choral music.
The intention of this site is to provide playable, enjoyable music to amateur groups. All the scores here can be downloaded from this site or the two sites linked (Wirripang Music and Orpheus Music).
I graduated from the Sydney Conservatorium (BMus) and the University of NSW (MMus) and spent many years as a high school music educator, composing and arranging for a variety of musical ensembles and conducting bands.
When I retired I was able to to concentrate full time on composition and performance on guitar (classical and other styles), viola da gamba, recorder and singing. I love many different kinds of music, but my favourite period of music is probably the Renaissance, for both instrumental and choral music.
Please see 'Download Sheet Music' to hear sound files of my music and download PDFs.